THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
We are not accepting new applications at this time.
Read below to learn more about how Homeowner Partnership with Habitat works, and what we look for in approved families. Fill out the form at the bottom to receive information on upcoming program opportunities as they come up.
Does this sound familiar?:
- Are you paying too much for rent?
- Are you tired of dealing with unreliable landlords?
- Do you want to purchase your own simple, decent, affordable home?
- Do you qualify for a mortgage, but not enough to purchase a home that meets your family’s needs?
we can help.
what we offer
- A monthly house payment you can afford.
- Homebuyer education as part of our purchasing process.
- Help with every step toward homeownership.
- A safe, affordable home you can call your own.
who is eligible?
Income Guidelines vary by family size.
*Must be a first time home buyer; *Must be a current resident of Suffolk County, for at least 12 months, or currently work in Suffolk County, for at least 12 months.
You must meet three simple criteria:
1. the need for housing.
Defined as one (or more) of the following:
- Your rent is not affordable (a.k.a. - You're currently paying more than 30% of your income toward housing.)
- Poorly made, unhealthy, or inadequate housing.
- Living in housing that is inaccessible for your disabilities.
- Your home is damaged by natural disasters.
- You have other shelter needs.
2. the ability to pay
- A steady income for the last 2 years.
- Credit with no liens or judgments.
- Ability to qualify for a mortgage with a licensed lending institution.
3. the willingness to partner
- Participate in 42 hours of Home Buyer education.
- Complete 48 Hours of Community Service
- Contribute 210 hours of Construction “sweat equity”
- Commit to owner occupancy, and other partnership requirements